Mote Oo Education works with civil society organisations and post-secondary schools in Myanmar and on the Thai-Burma border. We develop context-appropriate teaching and learning materials, curriculum and training programmes to help them actively participate in Myanmar’s democratic transition.
We are looking for enthusiastic, experienced volunteers to work with our partner programmes. We want self-reliant, adaptable people who can fit into challenging environments and provide guidance and assistance to future community leaders, teachers and activists.
Suitable volunteers will be assisting with teaching English, social science and civic education courses, training teachers and helping with curriculum development.
We prefer a minimum 3 month commitment, but will also consider remote volunteering, or shorter term specialised trainings.
Click here to see what former volunteers had to say.
Volunteers will receive from Mote Oo Education:
- a placement which (as much as possible) caters to the needs of the volunteer as well as to the host organisation
- a short orientation to Myanmar and Myanmar culture, and practical advice on visas, transport and living arrangements
- a small photocopying budget for educational materials
- access to educational resource libraries (in Yangon and Mae Sot)
Where possible, host organisations will provide:
- at least two basic meals a day
- basic accommodation in Thailand.
Note: In Myanmar, volunteers may have to fund their own accommodation in guest houses (this costs up to $750 for one month)
Volunteers would be expected to pay their own:
- visa costs
- travel costs
- accommodation costs (if a host organisation is unable to provide accommodation)
- food costs (above the two basic meals a day provided by host organisations)
Note about our policy:
- Mote Oo Education is a locally run educational organisation which aims to help exceptional grassroots organisations find hard-working volunteers.
- Any volunteer positions with Mote Oo require a minimum of 10-week commitment.
- Mote Oo does not charge either the organisation or the volunteer for volunteer placement.
- Mote Oo does not offer extensive support for volunteers or organisations beyond advising and placement.
- Volunteers are responsible for their own trip planning, healthcare and well-being during their volunteer placement.
If you have any questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.